Purchaser Coordinator – Agricultural
There is an IMMEDIATE opportunity for Purchaser Coordinator. Be part of a growing Exporter Innovator in the Agricultural Industry. This position will be based in Regina SK. Purchaser is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the relationships of existing and new key account with growers and brokers internationally. This is a direct hire opportunity and re-location assistance is provided. Responsibilities for the Purchaser are to maintain and enhance the trust and partnership with existing key customers as well with new. Focus on growth and development . Assume accountability for Profit and Loss per project. Understand market needs to create value added solutions for clients.
- Weekly Purchasing projects
- Knowledge in the Agricultural/Food industry is highly preferred
- Establish and implement purchasing strategies, policies, and procedures
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with all key suppliers
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and payment terms with suppliers
- Review and resolve any discrepancies with supplier invoices, grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues
- Prepare and maintain supplier evaluation forms
- Provide raw material and finished goods projections to Leadership Team or key suppliers to ensure product availability on a timely basis
- 5+ years leading the purchasing function in a complex, exporting agricultural purchasing process environment
- Demonstrated supervisory experience spanning multiple sites and projects
- Experience and ability to develop key accounts and negotiate/communicate effectively
- Accomplished negotiator with deep experience with Rail Law, CGC, EDC, SGS.
- Procurement in Agricultural commodity based industry.
- Knowledge in the Ag/Food industry is highly preferred.
- Proven ability to develop junior associates and build teams
- Polished presentation and communication skills
- Business financial management acumen (ability to understand the cost drivers for each product/process and identify Best Business Practice/benchmark performance)
- Strong working knowledge of KPI or ERP software preferred
- Bi-lingual welcomed (Mandarin)
Salary, Commission, Full benefits, Relocation assistance, Car allowance.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
With this in mind, If you have the dedication, determination and desire to succeed as an Agricultural Purchaser Coordinator in Saskatchewan please apply in confidence by submitting a detailed cover letter and resume to: email@example.com